Mr. Ashish Taneja is a Consultant Trauma and Emergency General Surgeon at Auckland City Hospital. He is the Unit Head of the Acute Surgical Unit in the Department of General Surgery. He graduated from the University of Auckland, School of Medicine in 2006. After completing his surgical training, he became a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons in 2012. Following this, he completed a Fellowship in Trauma Surgery at Westmead Hospital in Sydney and has also done full time research for which he was awarded a Doctorate in Medicine from the University of Auckland in 2018 for his thesis.
He is very passionate about the field of Surgery and performs high levels of complex General Surgical cases, as well as common routine operations.
Along with his clinical practice, Mr. Taneja participates in Surgical Research and Vocational Training of junior doctors.
- General, Acute Care and Trauma Surgeon, Auckland City Hospital
- Unit Head, Acute Surgical Unit, Auckland City Hospital
- Fellow Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- NZ Association of General Surgeons
- General Surgeons Australia
- Australasian Trauma Society
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy (Gallbladder)
- Laparoscopic and Open Inguinal Hernias
- Complex Abdominal Incisional Hernias with Abdominal Wall Reconstruction
- Umbilical, Epigastric Hernias (laparoscopic and open)
- Colon Surgery (Colon Cancer)
- Small Bowel Surgery
- Pilonidal Sinus
- Minor anorectal conditions (haemorrhoids, skin tags, perianal fistula, fissures)
- Skin Lesion Excisions
- Ingrown Toe Nails
- ACC approved cases
- Traumatic Hernias
- Surgical Rib stabilisation and fixation (rib fracture)