Dr Li Hsee is a Consultant Trauma and Acute Care Surgeon at Auckland City Hospital in Auckland, New Zealand. He is also the current Service Clinical Director in General Surgery.
Dr Hsee has comprehensive trauma training having completed a Trauma Fellowship in New Zealand as well as Sunnybrook Health and Sciences Centre in Toronto, Canada.
Dr Hsee’s current clinical practice is in acute Trauma and Emergency General Surgery in Auckland and he is responsible for the development and implementation of the first Acute Surgical Unit in New Zealand.
Dr Hsee is the current Chair of the New Zealand Trauma Committee of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons. Apart from clinical practice, his main interests include Trauma research and education.
- General, Trauma and Acute Care Surgeon, Auckland City Hospital
- Service Clinical Director in General Surgery, Auckland City Hospital
- Chair, New Zealand Trauma Committee of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Fellow, Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- NZ Association of General Surgeons
- International Society of Surgery, Trauma & Critical Care
- American Association of Surgical Trauma
- Australasian Trauma Society
- Trauma Association of Canada
- Auckland Medico-legal Society
- Course Director, Early Management of Surgical Trauma (EMST/ ATLS)
- International Instructor, Definitive Surgical Trauma Course (DSTC)
- Simple & complex incisional hernia
- umbilical, inguinal, epigastric, Spigelian hernias (open and laparoscopic)
- Pilonidal, perianal conditions
- Biliary disease (laparoscopic and open cholecystectomy)
- Laparotomy, adhesiolysis, bowel resections
- Skin lesion excisions
- Ingrown toe nails
- ACC approved cases
- Traumatic hernias
- Surgical rib stabilisation and fixation (rib fracture)
- Medico-legal assessments